Explore Career Opportunities
Be the first to know about career events, new openings, exclusive updates, and get job info that matches what you’re looking for.
Working at Mary Free Bed Rehabilitation Hospital
Mary Free Bed Rehabilitation Hospital has been restoring hope and freedom to patients for more than 125 years. Here are five reasons to take your career to the next level at Mary Free Bed:
- Values-driven culture — Founded in 1891 by a group of Grand Rapids women, we’re an independent, community-owned acute care rehabilitation hospital focused solely on rehabilitation for children and adults. We offer the stability of a large organization while nurturing the family atmosphere of a small organization. That culture is reflected in our patient satisfaction rates and outcome scores, which exceed regional and national benchmarks.
- Growth — At 167 patient beds, we’re the fifth largest rehabilitation hospital in the country. Our expanding network means we can offer services well beyond Grand Rapids.
- Innovation — We empower our employees to think and perform in innovative ways and we rely on their ideas and insights to maintain our role as an industry leader.
- Challenge — People with extraordinarily complex needs often become patients at Mary Free Bed because of our extensive experience. If you’re a caregiver, you’ll join a team that personalizes the care offered to each patient. Non-caregivers are just as important to our patients. From security and housekeeping to IT and plant services, everyone plays an integral role in helping Mary Free Bed run as effectively and efficiently as possible.
- Competitive rewards — We have high expectations for our employees. We also have flexible scheduling options and highly competitive salary and benefits packages. We encourage continuing education and provide tuition reimbursement for college classes, seminars and conferences. As a result, many clinicians are additionally credentialed. Our nursing staff includes a significant number of certified rehabilitation registered nurses. Also, the Mary Free Bed Education Institute offers grants to employees who strive to improve patient care and build additional efficiencies into our systems.