Pain Psychology Postdoctoral Fellowship
This job posting is no longer active.
- Grand Rapids, MI
- Mary Free Bed Rehabilitation Hospital
- OP Psychology
- Full-Time - Days - 8a-5p; Monday-Friday
- Posted: February 18, 2020
We have the great privilege of helping patients and families re-build their lives. It’s extraordinarily meaningful work and the reason we greet the day with optimism and anticipation. When patients “Ask for Mary,” they experience a culture that has been sculpted for more than a century. Our hallmark is to carefully listen to patients and innovatively serve them. This is true of every employee, from support staff and leadership, to clinicians and care providers.
Mary Free Bed is a not-for-profit, nationally accredited rehabilitation hospital serving thousands of children and adults each year through inpatient, outpatient, sub-acute rehabilitation, orthotics and prosthetics and home and community programs. With the most comprehensive rehabilitation services in Michigan and an exclusive focus on rehabilitation, Mary Free Bed physicians, nurses and therapists help our patients achieve outstanding clinical outcomes. The growing Mary Free Bed Network provides patients throughout the state with access to our unique standard of care.
Restoring hope and freedom through rehabilitation.
Diversity and Inclusion:
Mary Free Bed values diversity and inclusion among patients, families and staff. We strive to hire people who reflect the communities we serve. Our employees will serve all patients, families and each other with dignity and respect.
The Pain Center at Mary Free Bed Rehabilitation Hospital offers a postdoctoral residency program in pain psychology and interdisciplinary pain rehabilitation. This residency program offers residents specialized training in pain neuroscience, evidenced based treatments of chronic pain with an emphasis on Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT), integrated rehabilitative treatment and interdisciplinary teamwork. Research and professional development opportunities are integral to the program. Collaborative educational opportunities exist for residents with the MFB Clinical Neuropsychology postdoctoral program. Successful completion of the residency will provide residents with the needed skills and competencies as a pain psychologist and necessary training and supervision experience to pursue full licensure and other credentials. There is one position available for the 2020 – 2021 year.
Essential Job Qualifications (Knowledge, Education, and Training Requirements):
- Completion of all requirements for a doctoral degree from a regionally accredited graduate training program in psychology.
- Obtain Doctoral Education Limited License (TLLP) prior to start
- Physical Demands – able to: exert up to 10 pounds of force occasionally (up to 1/3 pf the time); life, carry, push, pull, up to 10 pounds occasionally; sit for the majority of the time, but may involve brief periods of time walking or standing; use keyboard frequently (1/3 to 2/3 of the time)
Other Preferred Job Qualifications:
- Completion of an APA-approved doctoral program and APA-approved internship.
- Experience in evidence-based treatments (e.g., CBT, ACT, DBT) and test administration.
- Training and/or experience in health psychology, medical settings, and/or chronic pain
- Coursework in research methodology/statistics.
Steps to apply:
- Complete the online application, upload curriculum vitae, and cover letter including anticipated date of dissertation defense.
- Mail in, email, or drop off the following documents to Mary Free Bed Human Resources:
- 3 letters of recommendation
- Transcripts (unofficial accepted).
Contact and mailing information:
Kevin Duffy in Human Resources
235 Wealthy St SE
Grand Rapids, MI 49503
For fellowship specific questions, contact Dr. Kimberly Bancroft at Kimberly.Bancroft@maryfreebed.com