- Grand Rapids, MI
- Mary Free Bed Orthotics and Prosthetics
- Full-Time - Days - 8a-5p, Monday to Friday
- Posted: October 2, 2019
Residency begins May of 2020
Responsible for learning the evaluation, design, fabrication, and fit of braces for patients. Completes responsibilities in accordance with a physician prescription and under the supervision of a Senior Orthotist or Clinical Manager.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
Follows a structured program of gradually increasing responsibilities including:
- Provides clinical services including measurement, fit, fabrication, adjustment, and repair. Produces Orthotic or Prosthetic devices; establishes standards for their design and fabrication in relation to the physician orders.
- Assists Senior Orthotists, Clinical Specialists or Clinical Manager in design, measurement and fabrication of Orthoses according to physician description.
- Attends assigned clinics, completes hospital calls.
- Maintains treatment standards and protocols by meeting scheduling, patient satisfaction, and production standards.
- Repairs or delegates the maintenance of orthoses to technicians.
- Follows charting procedures and maintains records; completes in a timely manner according to department policy.
- Assists in inventories of supplies and equipment. Orders supplies as needed.
- Participates in a program of continuing education.
- Completes Certification requirements (if necessary) within a reasonable period of time.
Essential Job Qualifications (Knowledge, Education, and Training Requirements):
- College graduate and completed practitioner training.
- Ability to interact with patients and physicians.
- Ability to use tools and fabricate independently.
- Physical Demands: Able to lift, carry up to 50 lbs. occasionally; to push, pull up to 200 lbs. occasionally; to walk, stand for the majority of the time, but also periods of sitting are required; to use the keyboard frequently for brief periods, with occasional longer stints