- Troy, MI
- Mary Free Bed Rehabilitation Hospital
- Full-Time - Days - 8am -5pm
- Posted: September 27, 2019
We have the great privilege of helping patients and families re-build their lives. It’s extraordinarily meaningful work and the reason we greet the day with optimism and anticipation. When patients “Ask for Mary,” they experience a culture that has been sculpted for more than a century. Our hallmark is to carefully listen to patients and innovatively serve them. This is true of every employee, from support staff and leadership, to clinicians and care providers.
Mary Free Bed is a not-for-profit, nationally accredited rehabilitation hospital serving thousands of children and adults each year through inpatient, outpatient, sub-acute rehabilitation, orthotics and prosthetics and home and community programs. With the most comprehensive rehabilitation services in Michigan and an exclusive focus on rehabilitation, Mary Free Bed physicians, nurses and therapists help our patients achieve outstanding clinical outcomes. The growing Mary Free Bed Network provides patients throughout the state with access to our unique standard of care. Mary Free Bed stands apart from other organizations by the unique combination of:
- Focus on Patient Care. A selfless drive to serve and heal connects all MFB employees.
- Clinical Variety and Challenge. An inter-disciplinary approach and a top team of professionals create ever-changing opportunities and activities.
- Family Culture. We offer the stability of a large organization while nurturing the family/team atmosphere of a small organization.
- Trust in Each Other. Each employee knows that his/her co-workers can be trusted to make the right decision for our family, patients, staff and community.
- A Proud Tradition. Years of dedicated, quality service to our patients and community have yielded a reputation that fills out employees with pride.
Restoring hope and freedom through rehabilitation.
Diversity and Inclusion:
Mary Free Bed values diversity and inclusion among patients, families and staff. We strive to hire people who reflect the communities we serve. Our employees will serve all patients, families and each other with dignity and respect.
Under the direction and supervision of the RN and the Physician, the Medical Assistant, who is non-licensed, uses there clinical training as a Medical Assistant and receives additional special training to provide direct patient care. This includes assisting with the rehabilitative goals of the patient, and supporting clinic RN’s, physicians care team.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Staff will provide patient care, treatment, and services within the scope of their license, certification or registration and as required by law and regulation.
- Conduct pre-visit planning by reviewing and updating patient charts prior to appointment with recent test results, correspondence, etc. per clinic protocols.
- Prepare patient for examination and treatment by noting brief health history or the reason for visit in the patient’s chart.
- Take and record vital signs including height, weight, and blood pressure, temperature.
- Assist the clinical staff in completing examination and procedures as instructed.
- Administer medications and injections as ordered.
- Completely fill out forms and obtain signature from provider, when necessary.
- Under the direction of the nurse or provider in charge, takes responsibility of medical supplies and cleaning of the medical instruments and equipment.
- Assist the clinical staff in providing patient education.
- Creates, maintains, patient files and all related records as needed.
- Stock, clean, and perform inventory of exam rooms
- Communicate by phone, email, or patient portal, with patients and families regarding physician or nurse medical advice.
- Occasionally relocate to other jobs within the clinic to provide additional support.
- Perform other work-related duties as assigned.
Essential Job Qualifications (Knowledge, Education, and Training Requirements)
- Must have High school diploma or equivalent.
- Completion of a Medical Assistant training/certificate program. Certification as CMA or RMA.
- At least two (2) years of experience as a, Medical Assistant, LPN or in additional areas of patient health care in a clinical setting.
- Must have thorough education or training in the basics of medical terminology.
- Proficiency in the operation of computer hardware and software including Microsoft programs, email accounts, etc.
- Ability to maintains strict confidentiality
- Ability to use good reasoning and judgment and react calmly in emergency situations
- Ability to interpret, adapt and apply guidelines and procedures
- Knowledge of common safety hazards and precautions in a medical practice setting.
- Current American Heart Association BLS Course for HealthCare Providers
- Physical Demands:
- Required to stand, sit, talk, type, read and hear
- Required to use hands and arms to handle, feel, carry and work
- Required to frequently stand, walk, bend, kneel, and rise from a kneeling position while performing patient care
- Required to be independently mobile, with frequent bending and reaching overhead for activities such as positioning and transferring of patients and equipment
- Must be able to exert 20-50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 10-25 pounds of force frequently, and/or greater than negligible up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects
Other Preferred Job Qualifications:
- Registered as a Registered Medical Assistant or RMA or a Certified Medical Assistant or CMA
- Experience working in a rehabilitation care setting.
- Experience with using Electronic Health Records or other practice management systems.
Mary Free Bed is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, veteran status, disability or other legally protected characteristic.