Quality Intern - Unpaid
- Grand Rapids, MI
- Mary Free Bed Rehabilitation Hospital
- Intern - Days - 8am-5pm, M-F
- Posted: November 6, 2019
Restoring hope and freedom through rehabilitation.
Diversity and Inclusion
Mary Free Bed values diversity and inclusion among patients, families and staff. We strive to hire people who reflect the communities we serve. Our employees will serve all patients, families and each other with dignity and respect.
Provides support to the Quality Improvement Team on daily tasks and projects, which will give the intern gainful experience in the Hospital Administration and Quality Improvement field.
Essential Intern functions: The Quality Improvement internship will be tailored to match the intern’s skills and help in developing new skills in the hospital administration field. A sampling of job assignments and projects are listed below. The intern may work in all of these areas or just a few.
- Patient Satisfaction Surveying
- Transcribing Patient Comments
- Entering Patient Satisfaction scores into Excel database
- Functional Outcome Measures
- Entering Functional Independence Measure scores into Excel database
- 30 day , 60 day, and Yearly Follow Up Survey Distribution & Management
- Patient Experience Initiatives
- Inventory, Delivery & Management of Patient Graduation T-shirts
- Inventory, Delivery & Management of Inpatient Welcome Gifts
- Inventory, Delivery & Management of Waiting Room Amenities
- Inventory & Management of Waiting Room Activity Cart
- Risk Management Initiatives
- Contract Inventory and Tracking
- Cost Comparison Data Collection
- Converting Information to Electronic documents
- Support Services Administrative Functions
- Assist in developing invoice tracking database
- Cost Comparison Data Collection
- Environment of Safety Compliance
- Compliance Check Scheduling
- Tracking of Recorded Compliance Checks
- Education Department
- Orientation packets for new clinical employees
- Data Tracking of Evaluations of Educational Offerings
- Assistance in coordinating Education Offerings and Conferences.
Essential Intern Qualifications (Knowledge, Education, and Training Requirements):
- Completed course work in Business field with an emphasis in the healthcare field. Student should be a junior or senior level student at an accredited business college.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Proven ability to create graphs, forms and databases and summarize results.
- Internet and web experience.
- Competent language, spelling, and grammar skills with the ability to proof business documents.
- The ability to demonstrate initiative and responsibility, perform multiple tasks, attend to detail, meet deadlines, adapt quickly to changes, and respond well to feedback.
- Good interpersonal and telephone skills.
- Physical Demands: Able to exert up to 10 pounds of force occasionally (up to 1/3 of the time); able to lift, carry, push, pull, up to 10 pounds occasionally; able to sit for the majority of the time, but may involve brief periods of time involving walking or standing; able to use keyboard frequently (1/3 to 2/3 of the time).
Mary Free Bed is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, veteran status, disability or other legally protected characteristic.