CENA Sub-acute Rehab Unit
This job posting is no longer active.
- Grand Rapids, MI
- Mary Free Bed Rehabilitation Hospital
- MFB SAR Nursing
- Full-Time - Night - 7p-7:30a; 36 hours/week
- Posted: January 27, 2020
We have the great privilege of helping patients and families re-build their lives. It’s extraordinarily meaningful work and the reason we greet the day with optimism and anticipation. When patients “Ask for Mary,” they experience a culture that has been sculpted for more than a century. Our hallmark is to carefully listen to patients and innovatively serve them. This is true of every employee, from support staff and leadership, to clinicians and care providers.
Mary Free Bed is a not-for-profit, nationally accredited rehabilitation hospital serving thousands of children and adults each year through inpatient, outpatient, sub-acute rehabilitation, orthotics and prosthetics and home and community programs. With the most comprehensive rehabilitation services in Michigan and an exclusive focus on rehabilitation, Mary Free Bed physicians, nurses and therapists help our patients achieve outstanding clinical outcomes. The growing Mary Free Bed Network provides patients throughout the state with access to our unique standard of care.
Restoring hope and freedom through rehabilitation.
Diversity and Inclusion:
Mary Free Bed values diversity and inclusion among patients, families and staff. We strive to hire people who reflect the communities we serve. Our employees will serve all patients, families and each other with dignity and respect.
Under the direction of the Registered or Licensed Nurse Manager/Designee, the Certified Nursing Assistant/Geriatric Nursing Assistant will provide assigned residents with routine daily nursing care and services in accordance with the resident's assessment and care plan.
Essential Job Qualifications (Knowledge, Education, and Training Requirements)
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Must possess a current, unencumbered, active certification to practice as a Nursing Assistant in the state of Michigan certificate of completion state approved nurse aide training program.
- Minimum of one-year experience within a healthcare setting preferred.
- Previous experience working in long-term care or with the geriatric population preferred.
- Must possess superior customer service skills and professionalism.
- Must possess outstanding verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to adapt to ongoing change and work in a fast-paced, customer-driven environment
- Possesses interpersonal and relationship building skills to work in a cross-functional team as well as the ability to work with residents based on their cognitive ability.
- Self-starter, highly motivated with a high productivity level.
- Possesses a high degree of personal accountability, responsibility and strong decision making abilities.
- Must possess the ability to plan, organize, develop, implement and interpret programs, goals, objectives, policies and procedures of the organization.
Physical and Mental Requirements and Working Conditions:
- Must be able to adapt to frequently changing work parameters.
- Primarily works inside with frequent kneeling, crouching, reaching, lifting, sitting, walking, bending and lifting.
- Must be able to push, pull, move and or lift a minimum of 25 pounds to a minimum height of 3 ½ feet and be
- able to push, pull, move and or carry such weight a minimum distance of 10 feet. May be necessary to assist in the evacuation of residents in emergency situations.
- Physical mobility that includes movement from place to place.
- Physical agility, that includes ability to maneuver body while in place.
- Must be able to speak, read and write the English language in an understandable manner.
- Must meet the general health requirements set forth by the policies of this community, which include a medical and physical examination.
Mary Free Bed is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, veteran status, disability or other legally protected characteristic.