Rehab Tech - Covenant
- Saginaw, MI
- Mary Free Bed Rehabilitation Hospital
- Covenant Therapy
- On-Call/Resource - Days - 7a-5p
- Therapy Services
- Posted: October 17, 2019
We have the great privilege of helping patients and families re-build their lives. It’s extraordinarily meaningful work and the reason we greet the day with optimism and anticipation. When patients “Ask for Mary,” they experience a culture that has been sculpted for more than a century. Our hallmark is to carefully listen to patients and innovatively serve them. This is true of every employee, from support staff and leadership, to clinicians and care providers.
Mary Free Bed is a not-for-profit, nationally accredited rehabilitation hospital serving thousands of children and adults each year through inpatient, outpatient, sub-acute rehabilitation, orthotics and prosthetics and home and community programs. With the most comprehensive rehabilitation services in Michigan and an exclusive focus on rehabilitation, Mary Free Bed physicians, nurses and therapists help our patients achieve outstanding clinical outcomes. The growing Mary Free Bed Network provides patients throughout the state with access to our unique standard of care.
Mary Free Bed at Covenant HealthCare provides inpatient rehabilitation care for patients in the Saginaw and surrounding regions. The Mary Free Bed Rehab Tech working in this location has the opportunity to receive support from both organizations, and is expected to follow all applicable policies and procedures that apply to our work.
Mary Free Bed: Restoring Hope and Freedom through Rehabilitation.
Covenant HealthCare: Extraordinary Care for Every Generation
Diversity and Inclusion:
Mary Free Bed values diversity and inclusion among patients, families and staff. We strive to hire people who reflect the communities we serve. Our employees will serve all patients, families and each other with dignity and respect.
Assists therapists and therapy assistants in preparation and treatment of patients receiving therapy services. Performs routine tasks as assigned by therapists and therapy assistants.
• Focus on Patient Care. A selfless drive to serve and heal connects all MFB employees.
• Clinical Variety and Challenge. An inter-disciplinary approach and a top team of professionals create ever-changing opportunities and activities.
• Family Culture. We offer the stability of a large organization while nurturing the family/team atmosphere of a small organization.
• Trust in Each Other. Each employee knows that his/her co-workers can be trusted to make the right decision for our family, patients, staff and community.
• A Proud Tradition. Years of dedicated, quality service to our patients and community have yielded a reputation that fills our employees with pride.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Staff will provide patient care, treatment, and services within the scope of their license, certification or registration and as required by law and regulation.
- Provides patient care as requested by therapist:
- Transports and transfers patients, observing safety precautions and good body mechanics.
- Following competency testing, applies therapeutic modalities, as assigned by the therapist.
- Carries out specific treatment activities under direction/supervision of primary therapist or assistant.
- Monitors patient response to treatments, provides written/verbal feedback to therapist and therapy assistants, and/or documents in medical record with therapist review/signature.
- Maintains a clean and orderly work place:
- Acquires and replaces equipment and supplies in proper place following treatment.
- Cleans and maintains equipment according to department infection control policies and procedures.
- Maintains storage and inventory of equipment and supplies.
- Maintains adequate clean linen supply and changes linen in accordance with established guidelines.
- Maintains treatment areas in a clean and orderly condition.
- Assists in maintaining charts, filing and retrieving records as requested.
- Functions as patient advocate and maintains patient confidentiality.
- May order and maintain inventory as assigned.
- May supervise volunteers/support staff as assigned.
Essential Job Qualifications (Knowledge, Education, and Training Requirements):
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Demonstrated communication, grammar, organizational, problem solving skills.
- Physical Demands: Required to stand, sit, talk, type, read and hear; to use hands and arms to handle, feel, carry and work; to frequently stand, walk, bend, kneel, and rise from a kneeling position while performing patient care; to be independently mobile, with frequent bending and reaching overhead for activities such as positioning and transferring of patients and equipment; must be able to exert 20-50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 10-25 pounds of force frequently, and/or greater than negligible up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects
Mary Free Bed is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, veteran status, disability or other legally protected characteristic.