Rehab Technician Sub-acute Rehab Program
This job posting is no longer active.
- Grand Rapids, MI
- Mary Free Bed Rehabilitation Hospital
- MFB SAR Therapy
- Posted: November 5, 2019
We have the great privilege of helping patients and families re-build their lives. It’s extraordinarily meaningful work and the reason we greet the day with optimism and anticipation. When patients “Ask for Mary,” they experience a culture that has been sculpted for more than a century. Our hallmark is to carefully listen to patients and innovatively serve them. This is true of every employee, from support staff and leadership, to clinicians and care providers.
Mary Free Bed is a not-for-profit, nationally accredited rehabilitation hospital serving thousands of children and adults each year through inpatient, outpatient, sub-acute rehabilitation, orthotics and prosthetics and home and community programs. With the most comprehensive rehabilitation services in Michigan and an exclusive focus on rehabilitation, Mary Free Bed physicians, nurses and therapists help our patients achieve outstanding clinical outcomes. The growing Mary Free Bed Network provides patients throughout the state with access to our unique standard of care.
Restoring hope and freedom through rehabilitation.
Diversity and Inclusion:
Mary Free Bed values diversity and inclusion among patients, families and staff. We strive to hire people who reflect the communities we serve. Our employees will serve all patients, families and each other with dignity and respect.
Assists therapists and therapy assistants in preparation and treatment of patients receiving therapy services. Performs routine tasks as assigned by therapists and therapy assistants.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Provides patient care as requested by therapist:
- Transports and transfers patients, observing safety precautions and good body mechanics.
- Following competency testing, applies therapeutic modalities, as assigned by the therapist.
- Carries out specific treatment activities under direction/supervision of primary therapist or assistant.
- Monitors patient response to treatments, provides written/verbal feedback to therapist and therapy assistants, and/or documents in medical record with therapist review/signature.
- Maintains a clean and orderly work place:
- Acquires and replaces equipment and supplies in proper place following treatment.
- Cleans and maintains equipment according to department infection control policies and procedures.
- Maintains storage and inventory of equipment and supplies.
- Maintains adequate clean linen supply and changes linen in accordance with established guidelines.
- Maintains treatment areas in a clean and orderly condition.
- Assists in maintaining charts, filing and retrieving records as requested.
- Functions as patient advocate and maintains patient confidentiality.
- May order and maintain inventory as assigned.
- May supervise volunteers/support staff as assigned.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Demonstrated communication, grammar, organizational, problem solving skills.
- Physical Demands: Required to stand, sit, talk, type, read and hear; to use hands and arms to handle, feel, carry and work; to frequently stand, walk, bend, kneel, and rise from a kneeling position while performing patient care; to be independently mobile, with frequent bending and reaching overhead for activities such as positioning and transferring of patients and equipment; must be able to exert 20-50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 10-25 pounds of force frequently, and/or greater than negligible up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.