Administrative Assistant - Rehab Unit at Mercy Health Hackley
- Muskegon, MI
- Mary Free Bed Rehabilitation Hospital
- Mercy Muskegon
- Part-Time - Days - 8a-5p working 24 hours/week
- Posted: November 7, 2019
We have the great privilege of helping patients and families re-build their lives. It’s extraordinarily meaningful work and the reason we greet the day with optimism and anticipation. When patients “Ask for Mary,” they experience a culture that has been sculpted for more than a century. Our hallmark is to carefully listen to patients and innovatively serve them. This is true of every employee, from support staff and leadership, to clinicians and care providers.
Mary Free Bed is a not-for-profit, nationally accredited rehabilitation hospital serving thousands of children and adults each year through inpatient, outpatient, sub-acute rehabilitation, orthotics and prosthetics and home and community programs. With the most comprehensive rehabilitation services in Michigan and an exclusive focus on rehabilitation, Mary Free Bed physicians, nurses and therapists help our patients achieve outstanding clinical outcomes. The growing Mary Free Bed Network provides patients throughout the state with access to our unique standard of care. Mary Free Bed stands apart from other organizations by the unique combination of:
Restoring hope and freedom through rehabilitation.
Performs administrative assistant duties for the Program Manager and admissions team. Assists with admission liaison activities for the ARU and other departments in the Mercy Health and Mary Free Bed Rehabilitation Hospital systems.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Responsible for administrative and clerical functions for the Program Manager and admissions team.
- Answers/screens phone calls, greets visitors.
- Arranges meetings, interviews, appointments.
- Provides data entry and tracking
- Pulls data from various domains (UDS, NDNQI, Press-Ganey, responsibility reports, payroll reports, etc.) and provides user-friendly reports/graphs and dashboards.
- Performs data audits (pain, nutrition, care plan, 3-hour compliance, hand hygiene, etc.)
- Records minutes at meetings as requested (admission coordinator, unit-based council, etc.)
- Prepares charts for audits/denials (e.g. Medicare ADRs)
- Prepares documents as indicated.
- Orders items as needed via supply chain online system.
- Posts/mails pertinent information for staff communication.
- Assists in maintaining employee personnel files.
- Assists in API time and attendance data entry and analysis for payroll.
- Assists in admission process as indicated, including but not limited to:
- Faxing insurance authorization paperwork
- Facilitating physician signature to pre-admission paperwork
- Preparing copies for staff
Essential Job Qualifications (Knowledge, Education & Training Required):
- The ability to type 70 words per minute, take accurate minutes of meetings and operate a transcriber.
- Competent language and grammar skills with the ability to compose, edit and proof letters and memos.
- Proficient computer skills in multiple applications (MS Word, Excel, and Office Outlook) are essential.
- Experience with Lawson supply chain system and Report Express time and attendance system.
- Previous work experience in an administrative/secretarial position.
- The ability to work with people of diverse backgrounds.
- The competence to make independent decisions as well as preserve the confidentiality of special matters.
- Physical Demands: Able to exert up to 10 pounds of force occasionally (up to 1/3 of the time); to lift, carry, push, pull, up to 10 pounds occasionally; to sit for the majority of the time, but may involve brief periods of time involving walking or standing; able to use keyboard frequently (1/3 to 2/3 of the time)
Other Preferred Job Qualifications
- Business school or some college education.