Environmental Services Tech/Housekeeping - Nights, Full Benefits!
This job posting is no longer active.
- Grand Rapids, MI
- Mary Free Bed Rehabilitation Hospital
- Environmental Services
- Full-Time - Evening - 4:30P-1:00A
- Support Services
- Posted: December 3, 2019
Mary Free Bed Rehabilitation Hospital is currently seeking candidates to fill 2nd shift (4:30P-1:00A) Part Time and Full Time Environmental Services Tech/Housekeeping positions.
Maintains a clean, safe environment inside and outside the hospital by performing duties according to departmental techniques, procedures, and needs. Scheduled work may include weekends, holidays, and/or a variety of shifts.
- Holiday Pay
- 18 days PTO/Vacations per year
- Full Benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision, etc.)
- 403B with Bi-Weekly Employer Contribution and Annual Matching
- College Reimbursement
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Cleans in assigned areas, such as patient rooms, nurses' stations, examination and treatment rooms, public and patient lavatories, lounges and offices, and public areas.
- Sweeps, dusts, dust mops and wet mops floors and stairways, spots carpets, and buffs hard floors.
- Cleans and sanitizes discharge beds. Makes beds in designated areas. Washes down all patient discharge furniture including night stands, dressers, and over-bed tables. Cleans and sanitizes waste receptacles.
- Collects trash and refuse from work areas and completes appropriate disposal.
- Cleans, sanitizes, and polishes baths, lavatories, and shower/sink fixtures. Stocks paper and soap products, etc. as necessary.
- Dusts, washes, sponge mops, sanitizes and extracts furniture. Cleans and polishes glass surfaces, walls, and window sills, window frames, doors, and registers.
- Scrubs bathroom tiles, woodwork, lights, and vents.
- Maintains equipment and materials in a clean and orderly manner.
- Assists with setups, linen delivery, mail delivery, general deliveries, etc.
- Vacuums and edges carpeted areas as necessary.
- Any other duties as assigned by manager
Essential Job Qualifications (Knowledge, Education, and Training Requirements):
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- Ability to communicate through the oral and/or written process and ability to follow directions.
- Physical Demands:
- Ability to work independently. Able to exert up to 50 pounds of force occasionally (up to 1/3 of the time)
- Able to lift, carry, push, pull, up to 50 pounds occasionally
- The ability to frequently sit, stand, walk, bend, kneel, twist, crawl, grasp, reach, and occasionally climb
- The ability to hear, speak, write and see (correctable vision)
Mary Free Bed is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, veteran status, disability or other legally protected characteristic