Environmental Services Floor Care Specialist - 1st shift, Full Benefits!
This job posting is no longer active.
- Grand Rapids, MI
- Mary Free Bed Rehabilitation Hospital
- Environmental Services
- Full-Time - Days - M-F 8:00AM-4:30PM
- Support Services
- Posted: November 26, 2019
Restoring hope and freedom through rehabilitation.
Diversity and Inclusion
Mary Free Bed values diversity and inclusion among patients, families and staff. We strive to hire people who reflect the communities we serve. Our employees will serve all patients, families and each other with dignity and respect.
Maintains a clean, safe environment inside and outside the hospital by performing duties according to departmental techniques, procedures, and needs. Scheduled work may include weekends, holidays, and/or a variety of shifts.
- Holiday Pay
- 18 days PTO/Vacations per year
- Full Benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision, etc.)
- 403B with Bi-Weekly Employer Contribution and Annual Matching
- College Reimbursement
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Sweeps, dust mops and wet mops floors and stairways as needed.
- Auto-scrubs VCT, porcelain, ceramic, and quarry tile on a daily basis.
- Auto-scrubs/deep cleans patient room laminate floors per schedule.
- Performs hard floor care processes as directed on VCT floors which includes: floor stripping, prep, and apply finish, deep scrub & recoat, burnishing, and daily maintenance.
- Spots cleans all carpeted areas on a daily basis.
- Extracts carpeted areas, including elevators, as directed by carpet cleaning schedule.
- Deep-cleans restroom floors per schedule.
- Maintains equipment and materials in a clean and orderly manner.
- Cleans in assigned areas when needed, such as patient rooms, nurses' stations, examination and treatment rooms, public and patient lavatories, lounges and offices, and public areas including window washing.
- Any other duties as assigned by manager.
Essential Job Qualifications (Knowledge, Education, and Training Requirements):
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- Prior environmental services experience and/or within 30 days of hire demonstrate proficiency through our pre- and post-assessment.
- Ability to communicate through the oral and/or written process and ability to follow directions.
- Physical Demands:
- Ability to work independently. Able to exert up to 50 pounds of force occasionally (up to 1/3 of the time)
- Able to lift, carry, push, pull, up to 50 pounds occasionally
- The ability to frequently sit, stand, walk, bend, kneel, twist, crawl, grasp, reach, and occasionally climb
- The ability to hear, speak, write and see (correctable vision)
Mary Free Bed is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, veteran status, disability or other legally protected characteristic.