- Grand Rapids, MI
- Mary Free Bed Rehabilitation Hospital
- Full-Time - Days - M-F 8:00A-5:00P
- Posted: November 26, 2019
We have the great privilege of helping patients and families re-build their lives. It’s extraordinarily meaningful work and the reason we greet the day with optimism and anticipation. When patients “Ask for Mary,” they experience a culture that has been sculpted for more than a century. Our hallmark is to carefully listen to patients and innovatively serve them. This is true of every employee, from support staff and leadership, to clinicians and care providers.
Mary Free Bed is a not-for-profit, nationally accredited rehabilitation hospital serving thousands of children and adults each year through inpatient, outpatient, sub-acute rehabilitation, orthotics and prosthetics and home and community programs. With the most comprehensive rehabilitation services in Michigan and an exclusive focus on rehabilitation, Mary Free Bed physicians, nurses and therapists help our patients achieve outstanding clinical outcomes. The growing Mary Free Bed Network provides patients throughout the state with access to our unique standard of care.
Restoring hope and freedom through rehabilitation.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion:
Mary Free Bed values diversity and inclusion among patients, families and staff. We strive to hire people who reflect the communities we serve. Our employees will serve all patients, families and each other with dignity and respect.
Oversee and coordinate payroll and time management services for all facilities associated with hospital corporations. Oversee and coordinate implementation and administration of information systems for the hospital corporations Payroll portion of the HRIS and Time Management Systems.
Essential Job Responsibilities
A. Oversight of all hospital corporations Payroll Services
- Directs or performs activities necessary to process payrolls
- Completes all required reconciliations associated with calculations, direct deposits, tax reporting and payment of tax liabilities and voluntary deductions.
- Reconciles W-2 amounts with payroll totals, coordinates processing at calendar year end and fiscal year end.
- Oversee, develop and test regular and ad hoc payroll reports and distributes to management (FTE, Hours Worked, Overtime, MESC statistical information, Quarterly UIA MESC reporting, WC Audits, etal)
- Stays current with existing and new government regulations pertaining to pay and associated Human Resource practices and communicates changes to Management and staff as required (DOL, UIA, FLSA, Wage and Hour, Tax Law Changes, etal).
- Documents and updates payroll, time and attendance, reconciliation and reporting procedures
- Develops, researches and coordinates all tasks necessary to accomplish the organization’s payroll objectives, including positive and proactive relationships with internal and external customers and local, state and federal agencies
- Streamline processes and applications while ensuring accuracy, integrity, compliance, cost-effectiveness of services and timeliness.
B. Oversight of all hospital corporations Time Management Systems
- Acts as System Administrator, to assure staff compliance with time management system processes and functions, in association with hospital policies and pay practices
- Partner with Information Services, API and ADP to identify need for system revisions and improvements, formulating systems requests and recommendations along with updates, implementation and testing.
- Develops and conducts training of Managers / Supervisors / Editors / Approvers in the efficient use of the Time Management Systems.
C. Manage day-to-day planning and operations of Payroll and Time and Attendance information systems. Provide functional and technical support, troubleshooting and diagnoses of systems and technology for users remotely and onsite. Ensure information interfaces properly to the payroll system of record. Responsible for support, testing and implementation of information systems and data transfer processes impacting payroll and time management. Leads testing for periodic upgrades and enhancements. Skilled in evaluating current and future technology needs to support short and long term initiatives. Analyze system performance, operation and user activity.
D. In conjunction with HR, control global settings and tables, enforce established naming conventions, enter / modify user and assignment tables, assign roles / user data access, set up new departments, add or modify pay codes, and make system wide updates where and when appropriate. Configure indicators and parameters for data to flow properly between the Human Resource Payroll, Time and Attendance, Staff Scheduling, Applicant Tracking (TEDS), and other integrated solutions. Maintain a working relationship with API Healthcare to discuss or escalate system software issues on an ongoing basis. Log and analyze trends that might indicate a need for additional system evaluation and / or training.
E. Works with outside agencies, customers, and auditors as needed and provides required information in a timely manner.
F. Train and develop a designated backup for payroll processing purposes.
G. Possess core knowledge of HR, payroll, benefits, policies and practices to prepare and maintain statistical information, monitoring payroll and timekeeping to identify trends, promote efficiencies with Editors and Approvers, and update management as appropriate.
- Develop current systems as a report writing tool, writing new or modifying existing reports to meet management needs. Be the “Resident Expert” for Finance and HR in developing needed reports and management tools. Ability to learn SQL Writer, if not already proficient.
- Perform similar and related job duties as assigned.
Essential Job Qualifications (Knowledge, Education, and Training Requirements):
- Associate Degree in Business or Accounting required, Bachelor’s degree preferred
- 3-5 years payroll management experience (multi-payroll experience preferred)
- API and ADP HRIS experience preferred with demonstrated Information management system skills
- Ability to communicate, explain, interpret, and present data effectively and efficiently
- High-level verbal and written communication skills and ability to multi-task
- Strong analytical, problem solving, and organizational skills
- Demonstrated ability to build professional relationships and relate to employees and participants of all ages, education and motivational levels
- Physical Demands: Able to exert up to 10 pounds of force occasionally (up to 1/3 of the time); to lift, carry, push, pull, up to 10 pounds occasionally; to sit for the majority of the time, but may involve brief periods of time involving walking or standing; able to use keyboard frequently (1/3 to 2/3 of the time)
Other Preferred Job Qualifications:
- CPP or related designations.
- Report writer experience
- SQL database reporting
Mary Free Bed is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, veteran status, disability or other legally protected characteristic.