Director of Network Operations
This job posting is no longer active.
- Grand Rapids, MI
- Mary Free Bed Rehabilitation Hospital
- Executive Administration
- Full-Time - Days - 8a-5p
- Posted: December 4, 2019
We have the great privilege of helping patients and families re-build their lives. It’s extraordinarily meaningful work and the reason we greet the day with optimism and anticipation. When patients “Ask for Mary,” they experience a culture that has been sculpted for more than a century. Our hallmark is to carefully listen to patients and innovatively serve them. This is true of every employee, from support staff and leadership, to clinicians and care providers.
Mary Free Bed is a not-for-profit, nationally accredited rehabilitation hospital serving thousands of children and adults each year through inpatient, outpatient, sub-acute rehabilitation, orthotics and prosthetics and home and community programs. With the most comprehensive rehabilitation services in Michigan and an exclusive focus on rehabilitation, Mary Free Bed physicians, nurses and therapists help our patients achieve outstanding clinical outcomes. The growing Mary Free Bed Network provides patients with access to our unique standard of care.
Restoring hope and freedom through rehabilitation.
The Director of Network Operations is responsible to support for all aspects of inpatient rehabilitation care across the MFB Network, with an emphasis on achieving optimal quality of care, clinical outcomes, and patient satisfaction through a continuous quality improvement approach. An additional focus is on the development of a comprehensive education program that consistently drives best practices. This leader will lead and support operations through a project-focused model in alignment with the network leader at each location.
The Director of Network Operations is expected to achieve and maintain an effective and harmonious relationship with team members and physicians throughout the MFB Network. The director participates in leadership activities within Mary Free Bed Hospital and partner hospitals, as appropriate.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Network Leadership – The Director of Network Operations will lead the development of improvement initiatives that drive quality, patient safety, and rehabilitation outcomes. Working in conjunction with the program leaders across the MFB Network, the director will facilitate sharing of best practices and standards of care. Additionally, the identification and implementation of evidenced based care across the MFB system will be a priority.
- Quality Improvement and Clinical Outcomes - Provides leadership and support for each program, related to performance improvement activities for the inpatient rehabilitation program. Each MFB Network program is expected to achieve quality results and clinical outcomes that meet or exceed comparative benchmarks. The MFB Director of Network Operation shares best practices with peers within the MFB Network and the industry, and incorporates lessons learned from the same.
- Program Leadership – The Director of Network Operations will have the knowledge and ability to provide support for inpatient rehabilitation units across the MFB Network, including vacation, leave, or vacancy coverage.
- New MFB Network program implementation – As MFB Network expands to new locations, the Director of Network Operation will work in conjunction with the VP of Network Operations to facilitate a smooth transition for each new team. This includes taking the lead on orientation for new MFB leaders, promoting the MFB expectations and culture, and assessment of current practices, processes and outcomes to identify priorities to drive improvement.
- Education – Provides, develops, or facilitates development of comprehensive educational materials for employees. Educational resources for employees and patients vary across the MFB Network. The Director of Network Operations will work in collaboration with unit leaders to maintain an ongoing assessment of resources, and create educational programs to equip team members with knowledge and skills to care for all patients served. This includes new employee orientation, diagnosis -specific resources, annual clinical competencies, and other materials as needed.
- Staff Development and Mentoring – The Director of Network Operations support the program leaders related to ongoing staff development and mentoring of department employees. Encourages staff development through formal and informal learning opportunities, using competency-based education programs.
- MFB Educational Institute - The Director of Network Operations will be a key member of the MFB Educational Institute leadership team, representing and advocating for the MFB Network teams.
- Physician Relations – Maintains effective working relationships with the inpatient rehabilitation medical director(s) and other physicians that provide care to the patients served.
- Professional Work Environment - Encourages a culture of personal accountability, solution-seeking behavior, mutual respect, open communication, openness to change, enthusiasm, and pride.
- Additional Leadership Responsibilities – As determined by the MFB Vice President of Network Operations, with guidance from the leadership teams from Mary Free Bed and the MFB Network locations.
- Leadership “Must-Haves” - As applicable, these best practices will be followed for patient and staff interactions:
- Thank You Notes
- Employee Selection/Peer Interviewing
- Key Words at Key Times
- AIDET® + Promise
- Standards of Behavior
Essential Job Qualifications (Knowledge, Education, and Training Requirements):
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree or higher in nursing or therapy required.
- Experience: A minimum of three years of relevant leadership experience and direct supervision of clinical staff.
- Experience in quality improvement programs and methodologies, with demonstrated evidenced of successful leadership of quality improvement initiatives.
- Accurate decision-making and strong leadership skills
- Information management skills and ability to interpret, communicate, and present data. Demonstrated excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to work both independently and in conjunction with a team of professionals for problem solving.
- Sense of urgency, collaborative team style, and ability to quickly adapt to changes in priorities.
- Ability to multi-task and delegate tasks for timely project completion.
- Demonstrated commitment to organizational mission with a “whatever it takes” attitude to get the job done.
- Excellent organizational skills
- Physical Demands:
- Able to exert up to 10 pounds of force occasionally (up to 1/3 of the time);
- To lift, carry, push, pull, up to 10 pounds occasionally;
- To sit for the majority of the time, but may involve brief periods of time involving walking or standing;
- To use keyboard frequently (1/3 to 2/3 of the time).