Assistant EVS Shift Lead - Days, Full Benefits!
- Grand Rapids, MI
- Mary Free Bed Rehabilitation Hospital
- Environmental Services
- Full-Time - Days - M-F 8:00A-4:30P
- Support Services
- Posted: January 30, 2020
Maintains a clean, safe environment inside and outside the hospital by performing duties according to departmental techniques, procedures, and needs. Accepts additional responsibility for grounds, special assignments, material handling, and projects. Knows all basic Housekeeping schedules.
- Holiday Pay
- 18 days PTO/Vacations per year
- Full Benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision, etc.)
- 403B with Bi-Weekly Employer Contribution and Annual Matching
- College Reimbursement
- Assumes Shift Lead duties and responsibilities when Shift Lead is absent for any reason.
- In the absence of Shift Lead: Assumes the role of point person for Housekeeping on designated shift, and communicates this to nursing CCC’s and Therapy managers.
- In the absence of Shift Lead: Direct Housekeeping staff on equitable task distribution.
- Assists Shift Lead to: Perform shift walk through’s and task completion checklists when requested. Makes sure all spaces are cleaned to standard.
- In the absence of Shift Lead: Responsible for housekeeping phone to answer incoming housekeeping emergencies or special needs.
- In the absence of Shift Lead: Monitors staff efficiency and break periods.
- In the absence of Shift Lead: Fills in to assist housekeepers to meet time deadlines or absences.
- Report housekeeping staff issues to the Housekeeping Assistant Manager.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
Cleans in assigned areas, such as patient rooms, nurses' stations, examination and treatment rooms, public and patient lavatories, lounges and offices.
- Sweeps, dusts, dust mops, and wet mops floors and stairways, spots carpets, and buffs hard floors.
- Collects trash and refuse from work areas and completes appropriate disposal.
- Cleans, sanitizes, and polishes baths, lavatories, and shower/sink fixtures. Stocks paper products. etc. as necessary.
- Dusts, washes, sponge mops, sanitizes and extracts furniture. Cleans and polishes glass surfaces, walls, and window sills, window frames, doors, and registers.
- Scrubs bathroom tiles, woodwork, lights, and vents.
- Maintains equipment and materials in a clean and orderly manner.
- Vacuums and edges carpeted areas as necessary.
- Maintains the hospital grounds; weeds, trims, removes litter and snow, washes exterior windows, manages sprinkling system, and decorates for seasonal events.
- Assists contract lawn and snow removal service liaison.
- Delivers incoming packages and stock requests to departments, keeps departmental supplies stocked, assists in the moving of hospital departments, and prepares and dispatches soiled linen carts.
- Assists in special set-ups and tear downs, handles periodic cleaning projects such as window washing, carpet extracting, wall washing, vent cleaning, etc. Helps the maintenance department on joint projects.
- Cleans and sanitizes patient discharge beds. Makes beds in designated areas. Washes down all discharge patient furniture including dressers, night stands, and over-bed tables. Cleans and sanitizes waste receptacles.
- Signs off on tasks completed during each shift on Task Documentation Form.
Other Job Responsibilities:
- Assists with setups, linen delivery, mail delivery, general deliveries, etc.
- Keeps general storage areas clean and orderly. Responsible for coordinating the storage of various departments’ items. Keeps inventory of housekeeping and communications stocks. Handles the transfer of equipment and supplies between the hospital and outside storage. Assists in the management of outside storage facilities.
- Knows and is able to instruct others on the proper use of chemicals and equipment.
- Serves as seamstress and linen backup.
- Manages special project cleaning work on a case-by-case basis.
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- Ability to communicate through the oral and/or written process and ability to follow directions.
- Proficiency at Housekeeper I level.
- Able to handle all equipment.
- Ability to function as lead person.
- Ability to work outdoors under varying weather conditions.
- Ability to perform basic computer functions on Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Physical Demands
- Ability to work independently. Able to exert up to 50 pounds of force occasionally (up to 1/3 of the time)
- Able to lift, carry, push, pull, up to 50 pounds occasionally
- The ability to frequently sit, stand, walk, bend, kneel, twist, crawl, grasp, reach, and occasionally climb
- The ability to hear, speak, write and see (correctable vision)
Mary Free Bed is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, veteran status, disability or other legally protected characteristic.