Registered Dietitian - Outpatient Weight Mgt, Temp Coverage, 24 hrs/week (April - July)
This job posting is no longer active.
- Grand Rapids, MI
- Mary Free Bed Rehabilitation Hospital
- Nutrition Services
- Part-Time - Days - Mon 8a-5p, Tues 10a-7p, Thurs 10a-7p
- Posted: February 17, 2020
We have the great privilege of helping patients and families re-build their lives. It’s extraordinarily meaningful work and the reason we greet the day with optimism and anticipation. When patients “Ask for Mary,” they experience a culture that has been sculpted for more than a century. Our hallmark is to carefully listen to patients and innovatively serve them. This is true of every employee, from support staff and leadership, to clinicians and care providers.
Mary Free Bed is a not-for-profit, nationally accredited rehabilitation hospital serving thousands of children and adults each year through inpatient, outpatient, sub-acute rehabilitation, orthotics and prosthetics and home and community programs. With the most comprehensive rehabilitation services in Michigan and an exclusive focus on rehabilitation, Mary Free Bed physicians, nurses and therapists help our patients achieve outstanding clinical outcomes. The growing Mary Free Bed Network provides patients throughout the state with access to our unique standard of care.
Restoring hope and freedom through rehabilitation.
Diversity and Inclusion:
Mary Free Bed values diversity and inclusion among patients, families and staff. We strive to hire people who reflect the communities we serve. Our employees will serve all patients, families and each other with dignity and respect.
Maternity coverage for outpatient weight management programming. Candidate will act as team lead for the weight management program. Candidate will complete operational background work for program efficiency and support staff as well as lead group discussions and complete one-on-one motivational interviewing
Performs Medical Nutrition Therapy using the Nutrition Care Process (NCP) as recommended by the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics. Provides nutrition services to inpatients and outpatients based on their individualized nutrition needs. Adheres to the standards of care that reflect the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics. Completes additional clinical related projects as requested.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Performs clinical/patient responsibilities:
- Develops individualized nutrition care plans through assessment, diagnosis, nutrition intervention, monitoring and evaluating.
- Creates medical nutrition care plan using established standards.
- Follows and documents nutritional risk status, the nutritional care plan, the provision of education, and outcome goals in the electronic medical record.
- Works in partnership with the interdisciplinary team. Attends team conferences as assigned.
- Provides medical nutrition education prior to discharge as needed.
- Performs outpatient responsibilities:
- Participates in outpatient clinics and performs clinical/patient responsibilities as listed above.
- Provides comprehensive nutritional evaluation, consultation and education per physician referrals.
- Develops medical nutrition standards, guidelines, and education material specific to the assigned outpatient clinic.
Essential Job Qualifications (Knowledge, Education, and Training Requirements):
- Bachelor’s degree in Dietetics, Food and Nutrition, or related field.
- Registered Dietitian Licensure (achieved within 90 days of start)
- One year experience in providing nutritional consultations and assessments.
- Demonstrated ability to make critical decisions as it relates to medical nutrition services.
- Demonstrated interpersonal and customer service skills; ability to interact with people of diverse backgrounds.
- Demonstrated knowledge of basic computer operations.
- Physical Demands: Able to exert up to 10 pounds of force occasionally (up to 1/3 of the time); able to lift, carry, push, pull, up to 10 pounds occasionally; able to sit for the majority of the time, but may involve brief periods of time involving walking or standing; able to use keyboard frequently (1/3 to 2/3 of the time)
Manager of Nutrition Services
Mary Free Bed is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, veteran status, disability or other legally protected characteristic.