Massage Therapist - at Covenant
- Saginaw, MI
- Mary Free Bed Rehabilitation Hospital
- On-Call/Resource - Days - 7A-4:30P
- Therapy Services
- Posted: January 28, 2020
Mary Free Bed Rehabilitation Hospital
Job Title: Massage Therapist Job Code: 1479
Department/Program: PM & R
We have the great privilege of helping patients and families re-build their lives. It’s extraordinarily meaningful work and the reason we greet the day with optimism and anticipation. When patients “Ask for Mary,” they experience a culture that has been sculpted for more than a century. Our hallmark is to carefully listen to patients and innovatively serve them. This is true of every employee, from support staff and leadership, to clinicians and care providers.
Mary Free Bed is a not-for-profit, nationally accredited rehabilitation hospital serving thousands of children and adults each year through inpatient, outpatient, sub-acute rehabilitation, orthotics and prosthetics and home and community programs. With the most comprehensive rehabilitation services in Michigan and an exclusive focus on rehabilitation, Mary Free Bed physicians, nurses and therapists help our patients achieve outstanding clinical outcomes. The growing Mary Free Bed Network provides patients throughout the state with access to our unique standard of care.
Restoring hope and freedom through rehabilitation.
The Massage therapist demonstrates excellent customer service performance in that his/her attitude and actions are at all times consistent with the standards contained in the Vision, Mission and Values of Covenant and the commitment to Keeping our Promise of Caring. Are responsible to provide a full range of therapeutic massage services including: assessment, treatment planning, & discharge according to the principles and practices of Massage therapy.
• Focus on Patient Care. A selfless drive to serve and heal connects all MFB employees.
• Clinical Variety and Challenge. An inter-disciplinary approach and a top team of professionals create ever-changing opportunities and activities.
• Family Culture. We offer the stability of a large organization while nurturing the family/team atmosphere of a small organization.
• Trust in Each Other. Each employee knows that his/her co-workers can be trusted to make the right decision for our family, patients, staff and community.
• A Proud Tradition. Years of dedicated, quality service to our patients and community have yielded a reputation that fills our employees with pride.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
* Demonstrates excellent customer service. Greets & services patients and family in a courteous, professional manner. Ensures that customer needs are addressed and expectations are met and/or exceeded.
* Contributes to organization success targets from patient satisfactions, quality outcomes and net operating margin.
* Assures patient/therapist/physician communications are accurate and complete.
* Assist patient/family/physician with questions or concerns as it relates to coordination of care and progress.
* Provides Massage services to patients/clients using safe, appropriate and effective techniques
* Performs appropriated documentation: history, assessment, precautions/contradictions to treatment prior to each session according to established guidelines.
* Explains procedures and applies appropriate techniques to patient/client needs and preferences.
* Observes patient/client response to treatment and adjusts as appropriate.
* Responsible of maintaining a schedule and assists with collection of fees.
* Maintains confidentiality with information in the appropriate manner. Reports any unusual interactions to manager immediately.
* Demonstrates an awareness of self-responsibility and accountability for own professional practice. Seeks validation of knowledge base, skill level, decision making as necessary and assertively seeks guidance in area of question.
* Provides leadership, direction, encouragement, and feedback on exemplary and unacceptable performance of peers.
* Maintains professional standards by actively participating in continuing education activities, quality management activities, in-services related to area of practice and age(s) of patient population.
* Adheres to budgetary practices.
* Attends/participates in departmental meetings/communications.
* Provides leadership as delegated to include expediting patient scheduling, participation in staff selection, contributes to peer performance evaluations, problem solves operational issues and formulates recovery strategies.
* Actively participates in orientation, supervision, training and evaluation of students and other staff.
* Displays high regard for personal dignity, diversity and uniqueness of individuals (Cultural/Religious Sensitivity; Confidentiality; Privacy; Age specific Needs).
* Remains flexible for patient care and program needs.
* Seeks opportunities to support other members of the team when patient care volumes allow.
* Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
* Formulates effective working relationships and communication with all staff, patients, families and others via written and/or verbal means.
* Demonstrates awareness and sensitively to patient/significant other rights, as identified within the organization. Functions with an awareness and application of safety as identified within the organization.
* Demonstrates awareness of legal issues in all aspects of patient care, department function and strives to manage situations in a reduced-risk manner.
* Maintains patient confidentiality.
* Demonstrates an understanding of appropriate emergency responses and the ability to remain calm.
Customer Service Responsibilities:
Demonstrates excellent customer service behaviors consistent with organizational and departmental standards. Consistently promotes teamwork and direct communication with co-workers. Deals discretely and sensitively with confidential information.
Responsibilities in Quality Improvement:
Contributes by identifying problems and seeking solutions. Promotes patient/family satisfaction where possible; participates in departmental efforts to monitor and report customer service.
Diversity and Inclusion:
Mary Free Bed values diversity and inclusion among patients, families and staff. We strive to hire people who reflect the communities we serve. Our employees will serve all patients, families and each other with dignity and respect.
Essential Job Qualifications (Knowledge, Education, and Training Requirements):
* High school graduate.
* Graduate of Massage Therapy Program.
* Current licensure in the State of Michigan.
* BLS certified or eligible.
* Preferred PM&R - therapy clinic experience in related clinical setting.
* Knowledge of departmental policies, procedures and business operations and how they interrelate to other departments in the organization.
* Knowledge of hospital and/or medical billing rules and insurance claim filing, insurance and/or account follow-up.
* Knowledge of medical and insurance terminology.
* Minimal typing skills of 40 words/ minute. Working knowledge and basic skills in Excel, Word, PowerPoint, email.
* Must have strong written and oral communication skills.
* Must be a team player with the ability to work independently, as well as in small or large teams.
* Protects and maintains the confidential nature of information.
Reporting Relationship: PM & R Manager
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees in this classification. If you require a reasonable accommodation to perform the essential functions of this position, you must request accommodation in writing, within 182 days after you know or should know of the need for accommodation.