BI Developer Analyst
- Grand Rapids, MI
- Mary Free Bed Rehabilitation Hospital
- Decision Support
- Full-Time - Days - 8a-5p
- Posted: February 7, 2020
We have the great privilege of helping patients and families re-build their lives. It’s extraordinarily meaningful work and the reason we greet the day with optimism and anticipation. When patients “Ask for Mary,” they experience a culture that has been sculpted for more than a century. Our hallmark is to carefully listen to patients and innovatively serve them. Our hallmark is to carefully listen to patients and innovatively serve them. This is true of every employee, from support staff and leadership, to clinicians and care providers.
Mary Free Bed is a not-for-profit, nationally accredited rehabilitation hospital serving thousands of children and adults each year through inpatient, outpatient, sub-acute rehabilitation, orthotics and prosthetics and home and community programs. With the most comprehensive rehabilitation services in Michigan and an exclusive focus on rehabilitation, Mary Free Bed physicians, nurses and therapists help our patients achieve outstanding clinical outcomes. The growing Mary Free Bed Network provides patients throughout the state with access to our unique standard of care.
Restoring hope and freedom through rehabilitation.
The BI Developer Analyst is responsible for administration of Business Intelligence (BI) solutions primarily through utilization of a data warehouse and Tableau. This position works closely with team members to provide support for data driven decisions through the preparation of meaningful reports, dashboards and analyses for presentation to business leaders for evaluating processes, projects, rehab partners, and acquisition prospects. This role works under the direction of the Information & Analytics Manager in the Finance department and coordinates projects and priorities within the Information & Analytics team.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Develops and maintains dynamic reports, analytics, visualizations and dashboards in support of Mary Free Bed strategic and operational initiatives.
- Assists in maintaining and updating reporting databases, tools and other resources related to decision support, process improvement, audits and other analyses.
- Formulating and defining SQL/BI scope and objectives through research and fact-finding endeavors. Designing, coding, testing, documenting, and troubleshooting SQL/BI deliverables.
- Extracts financial, clinical and other data from various systems and prepares required analysis for management.
- Contributes to business plans for new product lines, services, or business units. Coordinates as necessary with other agencies or providers.
- Liaises with clinical, revenue cycle, strategic initiatives, and finance team members to help design and evaluate healthcare cost and other health initiatives. Understands business stakeholders’ objectives, their most important metrics, and how they measure their performance to provide appropriate reporting solutions.
- Works with staff in different business units as well as associates in the field to find ways our tools can improve efficiency.
- Performs statistical analyses of data and interprets results to ensure validity of conclusions.
- Performs other duties in support of departmental and corporate objectives and initiatives, as assigned.
Essential Job Qualifications (Knowledge, Education, and Training Requirements):
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Statistics or other Healthcare related fields, with 1-2 years of experience, or Bachelor’s Degree with 2-3 years of related business/ analyst experience
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, experience presenting to all levels of an organization. Ability to explain complex technical information in a clear manner to non-technical audiences.
- Adept at structured report development utilizing various data sources and back-end databases while applying best practices.
- Experienced with data visualization and design, Tableau experience highly desirable.
- Clear understanding of relational database management and SQL query writing.
- Strong data, statistical and system analysis skills. Attention to detail and accuracy.
- Proficient in the use of spreadsheet, graphics, and data management and software with the ability to integrate elements into information based solutions.
- Solid organizational skills with ability to manage multiple priorities.
- Physical Demands:
- Able to exert up to 10 pounds of force occasionally (up to 1/3 of the time)
- Able to lift, carry, push, pull, up to 20 pounds occasionally
- Able to sit for the majority of the time, but may involve brief periods of time involving walking or standing.
- Able to use keyboard frequently (3/4 of the time)
Other Preferred Job Qualifications:
- Master’s Degree in related field
- Understanding of programming: SAS, R, Python etc.